Do you know what to ask when investigating an auto accident case? Here are 10 questions you shouldn’t miss:
- Have you fully investigated the limits of the adverse driver’s coverage?
- Does the adverse driver have underinsured or uninsured coverage?
- Does the adverse driver have an umbrella policy?
- Was the driver completing tasks related to his employment at the time of the accident?
- Did the owner of the car allow an unfit driver to operate the vehicle?
- Are there any known vehicle defects?
- Are there other accidents in the area that have happened under similar circumstances?
- Were there road conditions that contributed to the accident?
- Was the driver medically unfit to drive? If yes, was this reported to the DMV by her doctor?
- What are the personal assets of the driver?
Excerpted from “Personal Injury Practice: A Checklist of Auto Accident Cases.” For more checklists and tips for practicing personal injury law in California, purchase a copy of the Personal Injury Handbook by Larry Booth and Roger Booth today.